Working at Terracotta is just about the best job someone could want (my humble opinion). Fast paced, super smart people, lots of interesting problems and widely adopted products wrapped up in a nice little package known as a fast growing startup. So send your resume now!
These positions can be either in San Francisco or Noida India.
Terracotta is the a fast growing company behind the most widely used software for application scalability, availability and performance. Our software is deployed in more than 250,000 enterprise installations, including the majority of the Fortune 2000.
Snap-in Scale and Performance
Terracotta's software products provide snap-in performance and scale for enterprise applications. With a simple change in two lines of configuration, Terracotta customers can run enterprise applications 10x faster and scale them―from one node, to 1000s, even to the cloud―without re-writing code or compromising performance or reliability.
A Leader in Distributed Caching
In “The Forrester Wave™: Elastic Caching Platforms, Q2 2010,” Forrester named Terracotta a Leader in this emerging market and ranked us strongest in strategy among eight elastic caching platforms.
Where we are:
Our main headquarters are in San Francisco, CA in the SOMA area. We have an office in Noida, India and we have super star developers all over the world.
Description for LEAD QA Engineer
At Terracotta quality and stability in our product are our primary
objectives. Join our highly motivated, fast paced, agile, quality driven development team
where you will have many great opportunities to make an impact on
product capabilities and success in your role as QA Lead.
As a valued member of our tech lead team you will:
* Develop, maintain, and enhance both unit testing and performance
* Design test strategies, develop test tools and implement test cases to
ensure highest quality deliverables for maintenace and new feature releases
* Improve the overall productivity of all of your co-workers by
identifying tools and processes to increase overall efficiency
* Create and maintain functional, performance, stress and endurance tests
* Diagnose and debug issues in a production environment
* Work closely with Engineering to understand the Product Architecture
and work on identifying, designing or enhancing existing test frameworks
to support backend test development
* Mentor and manage QA Engineers in a distributed team
* Proven track record as a lead in development and/or QA
* Motivated to improve existing processes, test strategies
* Strong knowledge of Java or other related programming languages
* Strong Knowledge in at least one scripting language such as Perl or Ruby
* Experience in creating back end test frameworks
* Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
* Strong understanding of QA Process
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Experience with code coverage and test tool development
* Experience with UNIX
* Experience with distributed caches, high availability products, and/or NoSQL solutions
* Experience with common java frameworks and containers such as Spring, Jetty, Hibernate, Ehcache, Quartz
* Ability to focus on multiple projects while in differing SDLC phases
If that's you and you meet most of the below criteria send us your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.